Sunday, September 16, 2007

" These are a few of my favorite things".....has always been one of my favorite songs.Though I don't quite share the same passions as Julie Andrews , the song still makes one realise that nothing in the world can daunt you , if you don't want it to...! And that there are always those small things....god's things....that can bring a person from frown to smile...from tears to laughter...from heart pounding terror to hero-like bravery in a jiffy...!

My favorites are the crisp mountain air, that can awaken me better than the strongest coffee....the smell of fresh doughnuts at Krispy's, straight from the oven, the sweetness of which can soothen me on the bussiest of days....the beautiful whole moon, which looks exactly the same as back home making me realise that home will never be too far, and makes me yearn less....walking in the early morning sun after a bone freezing session in the air-conditioned classroom, that makes me wanna sing from inside and shout "Good-morn" to every sleepy eyed fella I see walking...the latino music , that makes me shake my leg like I want it to fall off....the beautiful lake set in the greenest of grass outside my living room, that make me feel so much at peace...

These are a few of my favorite things....some among the million things god created so that every person may find joy somewhere... wake up to a crisp morning everyday...smile at strangers...take moonlight walks with someone special....or eat doughnuts at Krispy's ! That they never be sad or unhappy....scared or frightened... and that they make find happiness somehow...in the smallest of god's things.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bharath Sattanathan said...

Someone has got bitten by the blogging-bug!

Welcome to the world of word-bytes ;-)

4:17 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger divya bhide said...

Yeah:)

1:23 PM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger creyzeee said...

that was a great piece...felt happy just reading it! :)

10:22 PM, October 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home